Communication and Outreach
A primary goal of the Tennessee River Basin Network is to engage with each other, having a better understanding of who is doing what, where on the landscape to enhance natural resources and deliver conservation. The Network also wants to engage with the broader community and public in the region to communicate the many values of nature (or ecosystem services) the River Basin provides human communities and wildlife, from drinking water to habitat, recreation to economic development.
The Purpose of the Communication and Outreach Team includes:
- Developing and marketing a "Pride of Place" message and branding for the identity of the Tennessee River Basin - accomplished through the inventorying and promotion of existing films and multimedia products about the Tennessee River Basin and the development of a region-wide film about the many benefits of the River Basin to human communities.
- Connecting key natural resources and conservation groups to this region-wide initiative, with the focus on healthy watersheds as an economic driver - accomplished through the Networking characteristic of this partnership and achieved by yearly meetings, quarterly webinars, and additional collaborative opportunities.
- Educating the public about the importance of clean water - part of the activities of the Education sub team.
- Working towards public behavior change - part of the activities of both the Marketing and Education sub teams.
- Assembling and marketing funding opportunities and leveraging resources among Network members - part of the activities of the Funding sub team.
Partners working within the Network's Communication and Outreach Team:
- Appalachian LCC
- Caribbean and Tennessee Student Environmental Alliance
- Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement
- Flint River Conservation Association
- Haywood Waterways Association
- North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
- South Chickamauga Creek Greenway Alliance
- Southeast Tennessee Tourism Association
- Southeast Watershed Forum
- Tennessee Aquarium Conservation Institute
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- Tennessee Valley Wild Ones
- Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency
- The Land Trust for Tennessee
- The Nature Conservancy
- Tennessee Department of Agriculture