Plains & Prairie Potholes LCC - FY17 Notice of Funding Opportunity
The Plains and Prairie Potholes Landscape Conservation Cooperative is seeking project ideas for potential funding in 2017. The PPP LCC is responsible for identifying, prioritizing, and supporting projects that will address the scientific uncertainties and needs that can inform better conservation. Climate change, shifts in land-use, urban expansion, agricultural changes, are all contributing stressors affecting the plains and prairie potholes landscape.
The Plains and Prairie Potholes LCC has identified two distinct areas of research that will better inform on-the-ground conservation decision-making and delivery for natural resources managers. These projects should account for sources of uncertainty about system dynamics that may affect management decisions and should integrate findings from previously funded projects as a springboard for any new efforts. Projects under consideration for 2017 funding must address one or both of the following science needs:
Applications should address at least one of the following areas.
- Information related to land use, land use policy and factors influencing land use and land conversion, including potential impacts to aquatic systems.
- Improve our estimate of rates of change – linking high resolution images to large landscape questions to assist in conservation planning. This could include work on synthesizing what is known about land use changes (habitat loss).
- Improve our estimates of risk related to landscape scale change
- Improve our understanding of interrelationship between land-use change and decisions made by landowners related to these changes
Information related to land owner decision-making that will help the partnership improve and/or incentivize conservation.
LCC staff will host two conference calls on Friday January 6, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. (Central Standard Time) to discuss the proposal process and any specific concerns applicants may have. The call in numbers
- Toll free @ 1-877-282-9259 Passcode: 1978254.
- Toll number @ 1-517-345-0375 Passcode: 1978254.