Northeast Climate Science Center Regional Science Meeting 2017
For our Regional Science Meeting, we will gather our scientists and partners to reflect on our collaborative work to incorporate climate science in the management of natural and cultural resources in the Northeast and Midwest and determine future directions and needs for our region.
May 15, 2017 09:00 AM
May 17, 2017 05:00 PM
|Where||University of Massachusetts, Amherst|
|Add event to calendar||
Goals of the Regional Meeting:
- To share NE CSC research and discuss emerging themes for future work.
- To provide a forum for and build collaborations among resource management professionals applying climate-related information and researchers who are currently engaged in climate-related projects to discuss inter-disciplinary and inter-institutional research topics.
- To identify opportunities and improve directions in actionable science, science communication, and advancing adaptation plans for resource professionals.
Specific Outcomes and Output:
- An understanding of the science produced by the NE CSC and applications in natural resource management through presentations, breakout focused discussions, panel discussions, and displays of tools and projects.
- Identification of adaptation strategies that are being applied or incorporated into management action plans.
- Discussion of next steps in research and the application of climate science.
- Refinement of the metrics used to gauge success in producing actionable science and climate adaptation.
- Prioritization of emerging actionable science projects, outreach, and collaborations.
- Broadening the NE CSC network; increase engagement between stakeholder-scientist partnerships in the NE CSC community.
- Development of a project storyboard that includes the problem, situation, tools used, examples of decisions made and actions implemented, lessons learned, etc.